GE Aviation and its joint CFM International, a 50/50 company of GE and Safran Aircraft Engines, received more than $22 billion in orders and commitments for its jet engines, services, avionics and digital offerings at the 2018 Farnborough Air Show in London.
Air Lease Corporation selected CFM International’s LEAP-1A engine to power 34 previously announced Airbus A321neo aircraft and finalised an order for 85 LEAP-1B powered Boeing 737 MAX aircraft. The engine order is valued at more than $3.3 billion list price.
More highlights from the show are:
- Volga-Dnepr Group and CargoLogicHolding, signed a Letter of Intent for 29 GE90-115B-powered Boeing 777 Freighters and five GEnx-2B-powered Boeing 747-8 Freighters. The engine order is valued at more than $2.5 billion list price.
- Aeromexico signed a 12-year Rate Per Flight Hour agreement with CFM Services to support a minimum of 128 LEAP-1B engines that power its fleet of Boeing 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9 airplanes. The agreement is valued at $2.3 billion over the life of the agreement.
- Republic Airlines ordered 100 CF34-8E-powered Embraer E170/175 regional jets. The engines are valued at more than $1.4 billion list price.
- Aviation Capital Group LLC announced an order for LEAP-1B engines to power 20 additional Boeing 737 MAX aircraft and LEAP-1A engines to power 10 firm Airbus A320neo family aircraft. Firm engine orders are valued $800 million list price.
- GE Aviation and Microsoft announced they are joining forces to accelerate digital transformation of Aviation, aimed at delivering more robust solutions for the industry.
- GE Aviation and Teradata announced that GE Aviation will become the exclusive provider of Teradata products and services for commercial aviation markets, providing the world’s biggest airlines with a single, comprehensive framework that combines high-performance analytics in the cloud from Teradata with edge-connectivity services from GE Aviation.
- Nordic Aviation Capital (NAC), the global leader in regional aircraft leasing, and GE Aviation signed a memorandum of understanding for a ten-year TrueChoiceTM Flight Hour agreement for its CF34-10E engines fleet. Under the agreement, NAC will offer GE Aviation-provided maintenance, repair and overhaul services to its CF34-10E lessees.