TD is supporting the transition to a low-carbon economy with a set of initiatives focused on the future. These initiatives include a target of USD $78 billion in low-carbon lending, financing, asset management, and other programs by 2030.
TD has been supporting the transition to a low-carbon economy for nearly a decade:
- Work with companies, ventures and projects that are driving innovation and contributing to carbon emissions reduction, energy-efficient housing and urban green space enhancement.
- Accelerate the low-carbon economy – including renewable and clean energy technologies, businesses and processes – through TD’s low-carbon lending, financing, asset management (in accordance with TD Asset Management’s sustainable investing approach) and other programs.
- Foster understanding and dialogue – through research, publishing and conversations – to help society and the economy make a successful transition.
- Enhance focus on successful green bonds strategy, (issuing, underwriting and investing) to support projects that provide both economic growth and environmental benefit.
- Build on a 7-year track record of carbon neutrality to further reduce TD’s carbon footprint.
- Help plant 1 million new trees in communities in North America, more than doubling the number planted since 1990.