International Finance
Featured Oil & Gas

Mubadala, OMW sign $4.68bn deal for Borealis acquisition

Mubadala OMW
OMV will acquire 39 percent of Mubadala's stake in Borealis through the partnership

Mubadala has signed an agreement with OMV over the sale of its Borealis stake for $4.68 billion . Currently, OMV holds 36 percent stake in Borealis and will further acquire a 39 percent stake from Mubadala.

OMV is a leading oil and gas company headquartered in Vienna. With the Borealis stake acquisition, OMV will become the majority holder in the company. Borealis is one of Europe’s leading petrochemical companies.It is reported that OMV plans to sell assets worth $2.3 billion by end of 2020 to finance its Borealis sake acquisition.

The deal is a part of Mubadaa’s long-term strategy. Mubadala is Abu-Dhabi-based investment company. Also, the deal will help OMV establish itself as a globally recognised oil, gas and chemicals group. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2020. However, it is subject to regulatory approvals.

Musabbeh Al Kaabi, CEO, Petroleum & Petrochemicals of Mubadala, told the media, “We remain very confident in Borealis as a leading company in its sector. We will continue to hold a significant interest in the company, through the direct 25 percent interest that we will retain, along with our existing 24.9 percent shareholding in OMV.”

Borealis has more than 6,800 employees, with operations in over 120 countries. Recently, Mubadala Petroleum increased its shareholding in Manora Field to 70 percent, media reports said, The remaining 30 percent will be held by Tap Oil, an independent oil & gas exploration and production company in Southeast Asia and Australia.

What's New

Morgan Stanley’s wealth management division faces regulators’ heat

IFM Correspondent

Ports in Oman show strong growth in 2023-2024

IFM Correspondent

Start-up of the Week: Auterion & software-defined future of UAV industry

IFM Correspondent

Leave a Comment

* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.