Aster DM Healthcare Limited is a well-known and diversified healthcare group headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Founded in 1987, the company has become a leading player in the global healthcare industry and is known for its commitment to excellence, innovation and compassionate patient care. It operates in several countries including the United Arab Emirates, India, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain.
Aster DM Healthcare has established an extensive network of healthcare facilities. These include world-class hospitals, state-of-the-art clinics and a large chain of pharmacies offering a full range of medical services. From critical specialities such as cardiology, oncology and orthopaedics to primary care and diagnostics, Aster DM Healthcare addresses the diverse healthcare needs of its patients.
Aster DM Healthcare is at the forefront of technology integration in healthcare. It uses state-of-the-art medical technologies and advanced equipment to make accurate diagnoses and provide effective treatments. The company also recognizes the importance of telemedicine in the modern healthcare landscape, making healthcare services more accessible to patients, especially during global health crises such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
Beyond clinical excellence, Aster DM Healthcare places great emphasis on community engagement and corporate social responsibility. The company actively participates in community outreach programs, health awareness campaigns and charitable initiatives, reinforcing its commitment to holistic wellness and preventive healthcare.
The company supports health education and provides medical assistance to underserved communities. The organization’s unwavering commitment to quality and patient safety is reflected in its numerous accreditations and certifications from international health authorities. Additionally, Aster DM Healthcare is committed to sustainability and adopts eco-friendly practices to reduce its impact on the environment.
Essentially, Aster DM Healthcare Limited has earned its reputation as a trusted and globally recognized healthcare provider. Through a blend of medical expertise, technological innovation, community engagement and a strong commitment to ethical healthcare practices, the company continues to transform and improve the healthcare experience for individuals and communities around the world.
The brain behind this successful venture is 70-year-old Azad Moopen, an Indian healthcare entrepreneur, who is the founder of the company.
Who Is Azad Moopen?
- Azad Moopen was born in the Indian village of Kalpakanchery in Malappuram district of Kerala
- He completed his master’s degree in General Medicine from Government Medical College, Kozhikode in Kerala
- Azad Moopen is also a Diploma holder in Chest Diseases from India’s Delhi University
- He started his career in 1982 as a Medical Lecturer at Government Medical College, Kozhikode, and later relocated to Dubai in 1987
- In the same year, Azad Moopen founded Aster DM Healthcare, as a single-doctor clinic in Dubai, which later grew into a global healthcare conglomerate
- In 2001, he participated in establishing the 600-bed tertiary care Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences (MIMS) hospital at Kerala’s Kozhikode
- In 2009, Azad Moopen was the Gulf area convener of the Malabar Airport Development Action Committee
- He is the vice chairman of the Social Advancement Foundation of India
- Azad Moopen received the ‘Visionary CEO of the Year Award’ in recognition of his contribution to healthcare at the CEO Middle East Awards by Arabian Business in 2019
- He was honoured with the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at the Gulf Indian Leadership Summit
- According to Forbes, the net worth of Azad Moopen is USD 1 Billion and he is one of the richest Indians in the UAE
Evolution Of Saudi Healthcare
In an interview with Saudi Gazette, Azad Moopen shared his point of view on the Kingdom’s healthcare industry and overall infrastructure.
“As healthcare is one of the main focus areas of Vision 2030, and the wider National Transformation Plan in Saudi Arabia, it is expected to see unprecedented growth, supported by the Saudi government prioritising the development of healthcare services at all levels: primary, secondary and tertiary care,” he said.
“The three pillars of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030- A Vibrant Society, A Thriving Economy and An Ambitious Nation, will continue to shape the foundation and overall evolution of the Saudi healthcare sector by defining the type of system needed to ensure optimal patient outcomes in the future,” he added further.
He concluded by saying, “Healthcare also remains one of the key areas for diversification, with goals to increase private healthcare expenditure. The vision has also highlighted areas of opportunity for foreign investors, including additional private medical facilities, increased usage of information technology, healthcare education, enhanced professional development, local manufacture of pharmaceuticals and more. The advancement in health services, combined with other factors such as improved and more accessible public education, increased health awareness among the community and better life conditions, have already contributed to significant improvements in the sector.”