The Ghassan Aboud Group (GAG) is a global conglomerate with over 20 years of experience in the trade, distribution, media, retail, catering, logistics, pastoral, hotel, and many other important economic areas. GAG’s business operations have their presence in Australia, Belgium, Jordan, and Turkey in addition to its headquarters in the United Arab Emirates.
Ghassan Aboud Group believes that productivity, innovation and transformation require community engagement and ensures that its exclusive portfolio operates in a corporate-conscious and responsible manner making people the number one priority behind its vision of ‘being at the forefront of excellence.’
On the other hand, Gaelan Medical, GAG’s healthcare and beauty distribution company established in the UAE, is committed to providing healthcare professionals in the Gulf region with top-notch solutions for their local populations. With an experienced management team, Gaelan Medical is well-equipped to meet a variety of healthcare demands. The company is also the region’s go-to partner and one-stop-shop due to its flexibility and solid financial resources.
In 2018, HPCL Middle East FZCO, a division of Indian public sector oil giant Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), appointed Ghassan Aboud Group as a distributor for export markets. In the Middle East, Ghassan Aboud Group sells HPCL goods such as solvents, asphalt, and industrial and automotive lubricants. The company was ranked 27th in the UAE’s Top 50 Private Companies by Forbes Middle East in its December 2018 publication.
In 2021, the company introduced BuyParts24, the biggest online car parts marketplace in the UAE. The company entered into substantial collaborations with well-known industry giants including Al Habtoor Motors, Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group, Nasser Bin Abdullatif Alserkal, Bin Hamoodah Auto, AWR Rostamani, and others.
Other than the car parts marketplace, the company established Grandiose, a retail brand with a chain of niche supermarkets and catering outlets in the UAE. There are five outlets in Dubai and Abu Dubai and the company is planning to open 20 more stores in future.
Grandiose Culinary is a specialised catering branch, providing culinary services for retail, corporate, and outdoor catering needs. Grandiose Catering received the ‘Catering Company of the Year’ honour in 2022 at the Leaders in F&B Awards ceremony held in Dubai.
The brain behind this successful venture is Muhammed Ghassan Aboud, a 55-year-old Dubai-based Syrian entrepreneur, philanthropist and the founder of the Ghassan Aboud Group.
Who is Muhammed Ghassan Aboud?
- Muhammed Ghassan Aboud was born on August 4, 1967 in the city of Idlib in northern Syria
- He completed his graduation degree in Literature with a Major in Journalism from Damascus University, Syria
- After completing his degree, Muhammed Ghassan Aboud moved to the United Arab Emirates in 1992 where he first worked in the public relations field
- Soon after, he left the job and entered into the family business. He founded the Ghassan Aboud Group in 1994
From 1995 to 2000, Muhammed Ghassan Aboud first commenced business as a small trader in new automobiles and spare parts
- Later in 2001, he developed the business into a diversified conglomerate engaged in several economic sectors like Hospitality, Real Estate, Retail (Supermarkets), FMCG, Healthcare, Logistics, Catering, Pastoral and Digital Platforms
- In 2016, Muhammed Ghassan Aboud established a specialized investment entity, GA Group Australia, for the acquisition and development of hospitality assets
- He was named in the list of top 50 Most Influential Expats in the UAE by Forbes Middle East in 2018
- In 2019, he purchased the Byron Resort from Gerry Harvey for approximately USD 42 million
- According to Popularbio website, as of January 2023, Muhammed Ghassan Aboud’s net worth is around USD 1.75 billion
Ingenuity Is One Of My Qualities: Muhammed Ghassan Aboud
In an interview with Deutsche Bank Group, Aboud described himself as a creative person.
“Yes. I am always looking for new approaches and new ideas when I build a new company. And I was in the right place at the right time. Back then – over 25 years ago now – Dubai and Abu Dhabi wanted to become a trade and commerce hub for the Middle East and Africa, and in fact for world trade as a whole. It was a conducive business environment for founding a company, as it still is today,” he said.
“The business environment in the UAE is very liberal. There is limited bureaucracy and moderate value-added tax. During the pandemic, my business in Dubai and Abu Dhabi has suffered less than in other locations. The UAE government is flexible and supports entrepreneurs. Since 2019, UAE has introduced a long–term golden visa, which entrepreneurs, investors, scientists, artists, sportspeople, and individuals with special talents can apply for. It grants a five or 10-year residency, which extends automatically,” Muhammed Ghassan Aboud concluded.